Evening on the Coast
- Alfred Joseph Woolmer was an English artist
- His subject matter covered the literary and historical genre and in his later work, as exemplified by this painting became more impressionistic instyle
- He was extremely successful and by the age of 60 had exhibited over 400 works at the Society of British Artists, the British Institution and Royal Academy.
- I think the evening light treatment of the sea, shore and figures is lovely.
- On the back of the Frame are parts of Interesting Labels that indicated that it was exhibited several times including where there was approving critical art press commentary
1 in stock