Size: 72 x 47 cm
- Edmund John Niemann was born in Islington, london
- He was a highly successful Landscape artist, mostly painting out of doors throughout the UK.
- His paintings are characterised by great versatility, natural colours a visual realism often in the romantic style of J M W Turner and Corot.
- He loved painting the scenery around rivers and atmospheric effects of the sunrise and sunset of which this painting is a lovely example.
- He was commercially very successful during his life.
- Between 1844 and 1872 he exhibited paintings at a very wide range of prestigious galleries including the Royal Academy, British Institution, Society of British Artists, Royal Scottish Academy, Paris Salon and Manchester Academy of fine Arts.